9 amazing (simple) ways to promote your blog!
January 9, 2007
- There’s much controversy over what makes a blog, but oddly people rarely mention pings and trackbacks. So go use pingomatic and let the world know when you post.
- Add your blog to one or all of the 36 blog search engines.
- Ensure your posts get dugg by encouraging a digg culture.
- Always write great headlines! Not only will goole pick them up more frequently, but you’ll increase your chances of being picked up by digg etc.
- Publish regularly – it sounds obvious, but…
- If you really want to get high in digg, grab attention and include the word ‘amazing’ in your headline!
- Make use of chicklets to promte your rss feed.
- Offer email subscriptions – not everybody has an rss reader.
- Don’t be afraid to create list posts. They’re stunningly simply, but very effective.